In order for your photos to be approved for the Green Card Lottery, there are certain requirements.
USAFIS has helped thousands of people submit photos in the proper way, so their applications are not delayed.
Here are the top ten commandments for photos:
- All photos must be in color.
- The size of the head must be between 1 – 1 3/8 inches (22 -35 millimeters) or 50% and 69% of the total height of the image from the top of the head to the bottom of the chin.
- Photos must have been taken within the last six months.
- The background of the photo must be plain white or off-white.
- Photos must be taken in full-face view.
- People in photos must have a neutral facial expression with both eyes opened.
- People in photos should be wearing normal clothes as worn on a daily basis.
- No uniforms are permitted in the photos.
- No head covering are permitted in the photos except for religious beliefs. The hair or hairline must not be hidden.
- Photos with eyeglasses or sunglasses are not permitted.