Important Facts After You Land Your Job in the U.S.A.

It’s exciting to get your first job in the United States! You will find that there are some key tasks to be done right away to have a smooth transition into your new workplace.

USAFIS has helped thousands of people from all over the world get moved to the United States to start new employment and a new life.

One of the first things that you will need to do as a U.S.A. employee is to complete some forms. These would include an I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification form, and a W-4, which is the Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate. There may be some additional forms as well.

The I-9 provides verification to your employer that you can work in the United States. Your employer will need a copy of your Green Card or Social Security card to make this verification.


The W-4 is for tax purposes, allowing your employer to deduct federal taxes from your paycheck. USAFIS provides a service to foreign nationals who want to move to the U.S.A. to start a new life.

Every paycheck will result in some taxes being deducted from your pay. This money is for the government and is used for important projects such as building schools, improving roadways, helping the military, and more.

In the U.S.A., the IRS – Internal Revenue Service – is responsible for collecting all taxes and then submitting that money to the U.S. Department of the Treasury.

In the United States, everyone is taxed but the amount will vary based on how much income is earned. The amount of money you make before taxes is called gross income, and the amount of money left after taxes is your net income.

Contact USAFIS today to learn how you can get started on your journey to move to America to live, study, work, and raise your family.

Skip to content